♪ We’re taking things
you can find on a shelf ♪ ♪ And making crafts you can do yourself ♪ ♪ Do, do, do it yourself ♪ ♪ Do, do, do it yourself ♪ ♪ D-I-Y ♪ ♪ That stands for ♪ ♪ Do, do, do it yourself ♪ ♪ What we gonna make today ♪ ♪ A shark backpack ♪ ♪ Hooray ♪ – Today, Cookie Monster and
I are turning an old backpack into a shark costume. – Wah, shark! Shark! – Cookie, Cookie.
– There’s a shark! There’s a shark right there. – I know, I know. – [Cookie] Watch out be careful. – Cookie, it’s not real. It’s a backpack. We’re making it. So, this craft is perfect
for Halloween, dress up, or just to have a really awesome backpack. – Yeah, follow along and
make your own shark costume. – So here are the supplies you’ll need; an old backpack, cardboard. For this we’re actually
using an old cookie box. Some white felt, large
googly eyes, duct tape, a hot glue gun, tape
measure, and scissors. – Where do we start? – Okay, so step one, make our shark teeth. So first we’re gonna take a tape measure, and we’re gonna measure
the zipper of the backpack. And now we’re gonna take
it over there to the felt, right here to the felt. So this is how long are teeth will be. And it’s okay if you need to
use more than one felt sheet to make your teeth. So, Cookie, do you wanna draw
the top and bottom teeth? – Me would love that. Wavy, wavy, wavy. There. Now what? – Now we cut the teeth out. – Oh okay, wait a minute? You’ve got to make sure
that you ask a grown up to help you cut out teeth. Very important.
– Yes. Yes, I’ll help you Cookie Monster. – You a grown up? – I am. – Then start cutting. Snip, snip. – We’ve got teeth. – Oh, wow! – Yeah.
– They look toothy. – Let’s try them on. Oh, yeah. – Ah.
– Nice smile, Cookie. – Uh-huh. – So once we’ve got two sets of these for the top and the bottom, we’re gonna glue them on to our backpack. Make sure to have an
adult use the hot glue gun ’cause it gets very, very hot. – Very hot, you know what? Me gonna, me gonna stand back. – Yeah. – You know what, me gonna
go even further back. – Okay. – You know what, me gonna go back here. – Oh, however, that’s fine, that works. – Sorry, me no can, what? – What? (upbeat music) Pretty good, right? – Yeah, that look like shark mouth. – Yeah, it does. Next, is step two, create our shark fins. We’re gonna need three triangles. So I’ve already made two triangles, but we need one big triangle
and two little triangles. – Two little. – Yeah.
– We need another little. – We need another little. – Right.
– So, I would like you to trace my little triangle. – Little triangle coming up. There. – Nice. – Thank you. – All right, now we are gonna cut it out. – Oh, okay. – So now, we’re gonna take our big fin and we’re gonna fold it in half. We’re gonna take our tape
and we’re gonna wrap our fins so that they look like a shark fins. So, I finished taping up mine. Cookie, how’d you do on your fin? – Me little stuck. – Aye yi yi, okay, okay.
– Little stuck here. – So, now once you have your
three fins all taped up, it’s time to attach them to the bag. – Oh. – Mm-hm, and you can use tape or hot glue. We are gonna use tape. So, Cookie, yup, please
hold it there for a second and I’m gonna tape it. (upbeat music) Cookie, we did it! – Wow.
– We did it! – That looks terrific. – It sure is, we have one more step. Step three, add our shark eyes. Okay, so we’re gonna take our googly eyes. – Oh, hey. – Mm-hm. – Those look vaguely familiar. – Oh, I can’t imagine why. And then we’re gonna put them right here, on the backpack, right on top. So for this we are gonna use the glue gun. – Oh.
– And remember, it’s hot. – Yeah, because the stuff there. – I’m gonna put the
glue on the googly eyes. – [Cookie] One googly eye. – One googly eye. Two googly eyes. Ta-da! Our finished shark costume. – Look me Cookie shark. – Hey. ♪ Cookie shark, doo doo doo doo doo ♪ ♪ Cookie shark, doo doo doo doo doo ♪ ♪ Cookie shark, doo doo doo doo doo ♪ – And the best part is your
costume can still hold things like your books, and Halloween candy. – Yeah, what else? – A cookie? – A cookie! That’s me favorite crafting snack. Nom, nom, nom. – We hope you had fun taking a backpack and making a shark costume with us. ♪ We took things you can find on a shelf ♪ ♪ And made a craft that we did ourselves ♪ ♪ We did, did, did it ourselves ♪ ♪ We did, did, did it ourselves ♪ ♪ It was fun making something
new with all of you ♪ (upbeat music) ♪ We are taking things
you can find on a shelf ♪ ♪ And making crafts you can do yourself ♪ ♪ Do, do, do it yourself ♪ ♪ Do, do, do it yourself ♪